New info to help you…rent relief in LA County!
Over the last five months, most of our lives have changed significantly. Some have lost jobs, access to food and the ability to learn in a classroom. My office is working day and night to help you navigate this challenging time and I wanted to make sure families and seniors get the information they need to thrive. Here is some information that can help alleviate your stress:
California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC)
- More than 3.6 million low-income Californians have claimed more than $1 billion in refunds from the California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC)
- The CalEITC and its federal counterpart are quite literally lifting people out of deep poverty, helping them keep their heads above water in the midst of a pandemic. See if you qualify: https://www.caleitc4me.org/
LA County COVID-19 Rent Relief
- The LA County COVID-19 Rent Relief application is open from August 17 to August 31, for income-eligible renters in Los Angeles County.
- Eligible renters must qualify based on income and have struggled to pay rent, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Their landlord must provide a W-9 and sign a participation agreement in order to have the rent paid on behalf of the tenant.
- Submit your application at 211la.org/lacounty/rentrelief, which is available 24/7, or by dialing 2-1-1 between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- L.A. Connected is a citywide effort to help hard-hit Angelenos access their Economic Impact Payments (EIP), unemployment benefit insurance (UBI), income tax credits (CalEITC), and other vital assistance needed to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic economic crisis.
- To get connected visit https://corona-virus.la/LAConnected
- If you live in SD30 my office in partnership with St. John Well Child has a testing site, register for a test here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSddpVTsrZnP7JSpI_
- For other testing sites around SD30 and neighboring districts check out my website: https://sd30.senate.ca.gov/covid-19-community-resources
In case you missed it:
- New Census deadline: September 30, 2020. Fill out your Census here: https://my2020census.gov/
- Catch my weekly social media show “Just Sippin’ My Tea” live on Sundays at 7pm: https://twitter.com/SenHJMitchell or https://www.facebook.com/holly.j.mitchell
If you have any questions navigating these resources, reach out to my district office: (213) 745-6656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . I also have two COVID-19 resource sites in English and Spanish to help you find more resources: https://sd30.senate.ca.gov/covid-19-resources and https://sd30.senate.ca.gov/covid-19-community-resources.
Senator Holly J. Mitchell