Assistance With State Agencies and Additional Resources

Listed below are governmental links that can help you in a wide variety of areas, from the California Department of Insurance's assistance in finding Auto Insurance, to the Secretary of State's information pages on Voting and on registering a new business.

Automobile / DMV Links

Auto Insurance
Finding an Insurance Company and Rates

Automobile Pollution
50 Things You Can Do To Reduce Air Pollution 
To Report a Gross Polluting Vehicle
To Report a Commercial Vehicle Idling

Auto Repair 
How to Select a Quality Auto Repair Shop
How to file a Complaint Against a Repair Shop

Apply for a California I.D. Card 
Apply for a Drivers License over 18 yrs of age
Apply for a Drivers License under age 18 yrs
Apply for Persons with Disabilities Placards or Plates
Register Your Boat
Register Your Car
Steps to Change Ownership of Automobile  

Apply for a FasTrak Toll Device

Traffic Accidents
How to Report a Traffic Accident
Mandatory Exchange of Information

Child Care

Find a Licensed Child Care Facility

Consumer Protections

Financial / Credit Cards
Free Annual Consumer Credit Report

National Do Not Call Registry
State Contractors Licensing Board

Privacy Protection / I.D. Theft
Tips to Prevent Identity Theft
Financial Privacy Rights

Car Buyer’s Bill of Rights 
Scam Alerts – D.O.J.


Workers’ Compensation Insurance – Know Your Rights
Locate the Nearest Division of Worker’s Comp office
Workers' Comp Appeals Board - Policy & Procedural Manual
California’s Labor Codes
Unemployment Insurance Links
Job Program for Veterans
Job Program for Seniors
Paid Family Leave Insurance Program
Workplace Complaint
California Partnership for Young Worker Health and Safety
CalJobs – Internet Resource for Jobs in California
Become a State Employee

Environment / Recycling

Find Your Nearest Recycling Center
What Can I recycle?
Save The Bay

Federal Government

White House

Food / Cash Assistance

Electronic Benefit Transfer Food Program
Child Support – Frequently Asked Questions
Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
Social Security Retirement, Spouse, or Disability Benefits
Women, Infant, Children (WIC) program
Food Banks and Rescue Programs

Foster Care

Website Dedicated to Foster Youth


ConnectLA Housing
Homeowner’s Guide to Preventing a Mechanic’s Lien
10 Tips in Hiring a Contractor
File a Complaint against a Contractor
Tips to Home Improvement Contracts 
What Seniors Should Know before Hiring a Contractor
Homeowner’s / Renter’s Insurance Rates Comparison
Find a Residential Facility

Legal Assistance

Legal Aid Society of Los Angeles County
Small Claims – Los Angeles County 
Better Business Bureau 

Medical / Healthcare

Doctor Research
Has My Doctor Been Disciplined?
Is My Doctor Board Certified?
Compare Hospital Customer Satisfaction

Health Insurance
Medi-Cal – Frequently Asked Questions
California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program
Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program (BCCTP)

Mental Health Care
California Mental Health Advocates for Children & Youth
Problem Gambling Resource

Patient Rights
Patient Privacy Protections - HIPAA

Pharmacy – Alternative Medicine
Tips to Saving Money on Prescriptions

Public Safety
Sexual Predators – How to Keep Your Family Safe?
Megan’s Law – Sex Offender Location Site

State Government
California Legislative Portal
California Web Page

Tax Assistance
Nonrefundable Renter's Credit
Taxpayer Advocate
Frequently Asked Questions
E-File Your State Tax Return
Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)


Documentation for Passports
How to Apply for a Passport

Road Conditions
State Highway Road Conditions
Real Time Traffic Conditions
Real Time Traffic Incidents 
Report a State Highway Maintenance Problem

State Parks
Reserve a State Park Campsite 
Online State Park Brochures

Traveling Via Train
Amtrak California 
Los Angeles Metro

Utility Assistance

Universal Lifeline Telephone Service Low-Income Assistance Program
Deaf and Disabled Telecommunications Program

Voting / Secretary of State

Voter Information Guide
Register to Vote
Vote Absentee
Domestic Partnership Registry
Business Program Division (Forms, Samples, & Fees)
Check the Availability of a Corporate Name


District Staff Can Assist with the State-related Matters:

  • Department of Motor Vehicles
  • Foreclosure Prevention Programs
  • Consumer Complaints
  • Veterans' Benefits
  • Unemployment and Disability Insurance
  • State Taxes
  • Professional Conduct or Licensing Complaints
  • Medi-Cal and Covered California

Community Resources

  • Housing/Utilities
  • Family/ Community Support
  • Food/ Meals
  • Legal/ Consumer/ Public Safety
  • Health Care
  • Income Support/ Assistance
  • Clothing/ Personal/ Household
  • Mental Health/ Addictions
  • Employment

Contact the District Office (562) 406-1001

Capitol Staff can Assist with Legislative Matters:

  • Express an Opinion
  • Propose a New Law
  • Ask for Copies, Summaries, and Information on Bills
  • Get Involved in Legislative Process
  • Find Information on How a Bill Becomes a Law
  • Be Notified of Legislative Hearings
  • Report Agency Misconduct

Contact the Capitol Office (916) 651-4032