Staff are available to assist you with information and services.
When you have an issue with a state agency or need information on state legislation, the office can be of service. Getting your questions answered and problems solved are only two of the ways the office can help. The District Offices can help you find and work though government forms, provide information on legislation, or assist you in dealing with state agencies.
The District Office in Montebello will help you with:
- Obtaining copies of legislation and laws;
- Researching information on the status of legislation;
- Summaries and analyses of specific bills;
- Finding legislative committee rosters;
- Information on the Legislature and the legislative process;
- Researching legislators' voting records; and
- Notification of legislative hearings in the district.
- Unemployment and disability insurance processes;
- Renters/homeowners assistance programs;
- Finding government forms;
- Department of Motor Vehicles questions;
- Consumer complaints;
- State Franchise Tax Board questionss;
- Finding information on Medicare and Medi-Cal;
- Veterans' affairs; and
- Other questions and concerns with state government agencies.
- State pamphlets on available services;
- Reports issued by the Legislature and state agencies;
- Information on and appropriate forms for homeowner, senior citizen, disabled and renter tax relief programs;
- State Budget information;
- Consumer protection information;
- "Where to find it" - state agency information; and
- Information on Capitol tours.
- Events through community groups, schools, and service organizations; and
- Commendatory and memorial proclamations and resolutions.